[1-9 month leases available at our unique & magical Sanctuary] Our beautiful, natural, sun-filled, women-run, community-oriented, hand-crafted Goddess Sanctuary & Eco-Urban Homestead is dedicated to anchoring the wild, awake, divine (& grounded) feminine on the planet. We’re a working site with interns, active gardening, food as medicine, community events & practitioner spaces for the healing & ceremonial arts. We are women-centered, queer/trans-friendly, black, brown & non-binary lovin’. Healers, artisans, herbalists, entrepreneurs, earth activists, yoginis, dakinis, reSisters, students, etc…y’all welcome! Resident perks include the invitation to participate in our activities, classes & events, although there’s no obligation whatsoever.
The world needs more of this! The Sanctuary has touched my soul, inspired my life, grown my visions & activated my next steps as a powerful woman & artist in the world. ~ Cory Blair
We are situated on 1.3 acres & 4 connected properties a few blocks from downtown Asheville, backing 60 acres of woodland trails. The site is extensive with permaculture gardens, rainwater ponds, a waterfall, out buildings, recycled stone courtyard & ampitheatre. We have 2 homes that accommodate us, our interns & community activities. There’s plenty of sunlight, garden & sunset views, earthen walls & arches throughout. We’ve also got a naturally-treated hot tub.
We love this place! We were so thankful for the opportunity to experience the Sanctuary. From the moment we came up the drive, we knew we had entered a magical place. ~ Jessie Kaufman
Rooms include an additional $100 that covers all utilities, wifi, washer/dryer, firewood, a naturally-treated hot tub, backyard access to the gorgeous gardens, 4 properties & adjoining 60 acres. Basic household supplies are also included, such as toilet paper, dish soap, etc.
• $500: Casita — Tiny, adorable earthen cottage with house access
• $596: Rose Room — Small w/ garden view, ideal if you have minimal belongings
• $677: Stone Room — Ideal if you work off-site or quietly, are clean & enjoy sunsets
• $788 each: Sky & Sand Rooms — Very large, spacious rooms with vast sunset views
• $217 for 3 people each: White Room — Large shared artist studio with separate entry
• $$ varies: Sage & Goddess — Available for overnights & healing practitioner sessions
• [Optional] Informal classes on permaculture gardening, herbalism, food as medicine, etc + a weekly goddess land meditation are part of our weekly flow. You are welcome to participate with no obligation.
• ‘Family’ dinner is roughly twice a month & while not obligatory, we encourage coming together
• [Optional] Organic produce is available from the garden for 4 hours/week exchange.
• Residents can arrange for pro-rated, part-time/split use
• Rooms have either stunning sunset or garden views
• House chores are expected to be shared
• Street parking is free
We are looking for those who are deeply aligned to come live with us! ~ the Sanctuary Team
Eco living, food as medicine, nourishment, yoga, dance, meditation, community, healing justice, compassionate communication, embodied womanly arts, queer-friendly, sensual & sex positive, black & indigenous lives matter, transformative culture, living the dream, women at work, making it happen, tribe, deep connectivity & integrating our whole human divine existence! We are nature.
I deeply value having a place where I can be fully be me & be held in love. ~ Liana Moonstone
• 3,600 sq ft of (2) home spaces with clay paint & niches throughout
• Open floor design with living & dining room, kitchen & office
• Extensive permaculture gardens & large stone courtyard
• Access to the bordering 60 acres of woodland trails
• A naturally-treated hot tub under the stars
• Wi-Fi, washer/dryer & utilities included
• Residential interns who tend the site
I am blown away seeing how this place has transformed. I was here in the early days & feel like I’ve just walked into paradise. I can’t believe how it’s shifted. Seeing the gardens made me cry! ~ Charlotte Smith
Apply to live at the Sanctuary
Send an email with your LOI, resume & responses to these questions. Note: Sorry, we are not a child-proof space & are unable to accommodate children long term.
1) Name & contact info
2) A paragraph about you
3) Why are you a good fit
4) Your current job situation
5) Your preferred eating habits
6) What dates would you like to stay
7) Is there anything else you’d like to share
8) How did you find us — please be specific
Part of the magic of the Sanctuary is all the extraordinary people who work, volunteer & pass through this community hub. What an inspiring place! ~ Daniela Ferberg
If you are in alignment with our wild n’ wonderful ways, send your application to email@example.com.
Imagine if all people cared for their land, every neighborhood connected their properties, created wildlife habitat with rainwater ponds, grew pollinator gardens, shared food… ~ Janell Kapoor