Sustainable Solutions in Action: From global movements to local action!
Ashevillage Immersions provide you and your group unique opportunities to delve into a deep learning experience…From academia to application, policy to practice, field trips to service learning, our goal is to help you bring what you learn back to your own community.
• Connects your group with the area’s most innovative local leaders, practitioners and movers n’ shakers
• Combines hands-on activities, classes, field trips, service learning, group visioning and/or strategy sessions
• Offers four learning areas with a menu of customizable modules or you can select a core program
• Emphasizes practices and strategies for you to take what you learn and implement it in your own community
• Accommodates 10-12 participants per group, plus two trip leaders (larger groups possible, inquire within)
• Include breakfast, dinner, and lodging at the beautiful Ashevillage Sanctuary: Downtown’s Eco-Sweet Retreat
20 Immersions will be offered in 2013. We encourage you to make your reservation soon!
Here are the four main categories, each with customizable learning modules, as well as core program options.
• Applied Ecology & Resilient Living: Water, Food, Energy, Shelter & Nature
• Innovative Leadership: Local Economies, Education, Culture & Community
• Vibrant Living: Inner Landscapes, Healing Arts & Conscious Communication
• Women’s Wisdom: Traditions, Progressive Pathways & Leadership
Here’s how it works
If you are interested in booking an Immersion, your first step will be to fill out a reservation form. Then one of our Program Coordinators will be in touch with you if they haven’t already. A deposit will be required to confirm your reservation. Once booked, your next step will be to complete this survey, identifying: 1) your learning goals and outcomes, 2) the types of activities you prefer, and 3) 6-20 learning modules or a core program. Once we have your details, our team of local leaders will collaborate to design your immersion. You will be our sounding board until you are drooling with excitement, or at least nodding your head in total approval:-) Then we will await your arrival and take it from there!
Delicious home-cooked breakfasts and dinners will be provided…organic and local when possible! Let us know if your group has special food needs and we’ll be happy to accommodate. Lunches will be enjoyed at an array of Asheville’s incredible green restaurants and cafes.
Transportation during the Immersion is not included. Rental vans are available at the Asheville airport. Ashevillage Sanctuary is an easy 20 minutes from the Asheville Airport (AVL), 2.5 hours from Charlotte (CLT), 4 hours from Raleigh-Durham (RDU), or Atlanta (ATL). Once you arrive, you will be a few blocks walk from downtown Asheville.
$1,500 per participant is the base fee for a 10-day Immersion. This includes tuition, lodging, breakfasts, dinners, and materials. Two trip leaders will only need to cover their food cost. Depending on the specific needs and requests of your group, the per person rate may vary. Base rates will vary for Immersions of shorter or longer duration. Inquire within.
• To book an immersion, there must be 10 to 12 paying participants.
• Two free seats will be available for organizers (meals must be paid for).
• A $4,500 non-refundable deposit is required to make your reservation.
• Immersions will not be considered reserved until your deposit is received.
• The remaining amount will be due 60 days prior to the start date.
Cancellations: More than 60 days prior to your start date, deposits are transferable, but non-refundable. Less than 60 days prior to your start date, all payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
In order to confirm your reservation, a $4,500 deposit is required. We cannot hold bookings until your deposit has been received. Please send your check to:
Memo: Your name + Immersion dates
80 Buchanan Ave
Asheville, NC 28801
Your remaining amount will be due 60 days prior to your start date.