Ashevillage Sanctuary is a dilapidated junkyard & crack house turned Goddess Sanctuary & Eco-Urban Homestead. A living learning laboratory dedicated to anchoring the wild & divine feminine on the planet & creating the world we want by putting our beliefs into practice in our own backyard. We are on 4 connected properties with residential homes, community event space, practitioner rooms for the healing arts & an integrated ecological landscape with organic edible & pollinator gardens, water retention systems, natural buildings & more. We border 60 acres of woodland trails & are a few blocks to downtown Asheville, NC.
Ashevillage Sanctuary provides internship opportunities based on varied skills & interests. This position requires a commitment of 5-20 hours per week for at least 12 weeks. Our internship positions are unpaid, however you will be offered an honorary membership upon completion of your 3+ month commitment. If you are interested in interning with us, please select 1-5 positions from the list below & follow the steps in the ‘Apply’ section.
• Receive an honorary yearlong Sanctuary membership
• Work with a dedicated team of inspired & empowered women
• Receive support & mentorship by our passionate & experienced staff
• If you are a student, college credit may be available through your institution
• Connect with movers n’ shakers who are engaged in the things you care about
• You have excellent communication skills
• You love being organized & efficient with systems
• You have a refined eye for detail & a job well-done
• You have an enthusiastic attitude & like sharing your gifts
• You are self-motivated & able to work with others comfortably
• For computer-related tasks, you are able to work from your own laptop
• You must have experience & skills in the position for which you are applying
• You align with our purpose of anchoring the wild & divine feminine on the planet
Organization & administration
- Administration: Support our efforts by helping with a variety of administrative tasks
- Director’s Assistant: Support our founder, help with personal tasks, excellent organizational skills
Site & gardens
- Site & Gardens: Assist with site maintenance, gardening, food processing, related tasks.
- Maintenance: Help our maintenance manager with light carpentry, painting, fix-it projects
- Cleaning: Only for those who just love to clean & organize, we have plenty for you to plug into
Well being & self care
- Massage: Love us up by offering bodywork, energy work &/or yoga classes
- Nourishment: Nourish us with healthy, living foods, juices, herbal remedies
Outreach, communications & media
- Digital Assistant: Support online programs, vlogs & podcasts. More details here.
- Podcasts: Help transfer & transcribe recorded conversations that help tell our story.
- Social Media: Assist with online outreach & social media on Facebook, Instagram & others
- Graphic Arts: Create high quality graphics for our website, social media & overall storytelling
Two step application:
- Fill out & submit the survey below.
- Email your LOI, resume & two professional references to email@example.com. Include in the subject line, “Your Name: General Internship Application.”