Our intention: Ashevillage Sanctuary aims to offer an inspiring, beautiful, and conscious experience for friends and extended community through: 1) cross-pollinating with and inspiring each other, 2) bringing together awesome people who are walking their talk in our community and the world, 3) offering a shared space that is well tended, affordable, ecologically sound, and sacred, 4) running a viable business, of which our guest house members are one part of our greater whole at the Sanctuary. We are happy to be hosting you in this place!
Beta run: We are trying out this model and still refining our systems. We wish to serve you well and we welcome your feedback. Likewise, our current rates may increase over the next few months. As an early member, we encourage you to consider booking future packages at the current rates to ensure your greatest affordability.
Gorgeous Guest House, Exquisite Grounds
Our beautiful, sunlit, eco-urban, comfy cozy, community-inspired, membership-based guest house includes:
- 1850 sq ft home with custom-made earthen plasters & paints
- 4 exquisitely designed, shared bedrooms with 8 beds total
- Sunlit, open design living & dining room, kitchen & office
- Large outdoor stone courtyards & ampitheatre
- 20-person flex-use meeting & event space
- Option for day-use co-working space
- Free organic herbal tea & coffee
- Towels will be supplied
- Wifi & free parking
- For more details
Additional overnight options: We have another house next door with more overnight options (sleeps 4). There are several private camping options, as well (total 6 spots).
Our permaculture oasis also features: One acre of beautiful, organic, edible & pollinator gardens, rain catchment ponds, a large recycled courtyard, and connected woodlands. We border 60 acres of forested trails. We’re five blocks from the heart of downtown Asheville.
Cleaning: The house is cleaned on a weekly basis. Bathrooms & kitchen are cleaned daily. You are asked to leave spaces the same or better than you find them.
Co-working, meeting, event & practitioner space: Both the guest house and house next door will be used for a variety of other purposes during the day. Co-working day use during the week (M-F, 10a-5p). Private practitioner space next door (10a-7p). As a member, you will receive a 15% discount if you would like these packages. In addition, evening and weekend event/meeting space is available based on these rates.
Member perk: As a member, if you are interested in Ashevillage programs, you will receive a 15% discount.
Pre-paid packages of 10 nights are available based on the following rates for weekdays in shared rooms (2-3 beds each). For Friday & Saturday nights, and for our one private room, the Rose Room, add $10 per night per person. All rates are based on full payment up front. If you prefer a 2-part payment plan, an administrative fee of $60 will be added. Please note: If you don’t know all of your dates now, you can pay the additional $10 fee the night(s) of your stay.
- $245/month for 6 months = $24.50/night (60 nights total for $1470)
- $295/month for 3 months = $29.50/night (30 nights total for $885)
- $345/use within 3 months = $34.50/night (10 nights total for $345)
- $395/month for 1 month = $39.50/night (10 nights total for $395)
- Reserve beds in our member’s google calendar, which will be shared with you when you apply — see below.
- Bookings are first-come, first-served. Reservations guarantee a bed, though the exact bed isn’t guaranteed.
- Rooms have 1, 2, or 3 beds each, thus you may be sharing a room. The private room is $10 extra/night.
- Use your 10 nights within 30 days, as they are non-transferable, unless you are on the $345 plan.
- Hours are 5pm – 10am. If you have an exception, notify our GM by text. Quiet hours: 10pm-8am.
- You will receive a bin for your personal items. Your bin will be by your booked bed upon arrival.
- Supply your own linens, or use our optional eco-friendly linens service for $35/10 nights.
- Clean up after yourself, leave the space in the same or better shape than you found it.
- Cancellations must be made 72+ hours in advance, or your reservation will count.
- You &/or your guests are welcome. You may book multiple beds on the same night. Each person counts for one night, ie: if you and a friend stay on the same night, that counts for two of your 10 nights, including if you share a bed.
- If you are purchasing a package for ‘business purposes’, you are welcome to ‘up-sell’ your nights to your workshop participants at a higher fee. There will be no additional charge to you.
- When booking for someone other than yourself, ie: a friend, family member, workshop participant, etc, our guest house GM will be here to meet & greet them, unless you prefer to do so.
Events & Meetings
Our usage rates for meetings and events are:
- $2 per person per hour, Monday 9am til Friday 12pm
- $3 per person per hour, Friday noon – Sunday 10pm
- Ask us about our whole house rental rates: email@example.com.
- A $30 minimum is needed to use the space and goes toward your total usage fee.
Organic herbal garden tea included. Our projector and screen is available for $35 one-time use fee — this includes one of our staff setting it up and putting it away.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
Payment: Payment can be made by personal check, money order, credit card, or cash. Please memo <Your Name> & <Guest House Member>. Once you have sent your application (see below) and been confirmed, please send the following:
- Send checks or money orders to “Ashevillage Sanctuary LLC,” 80 Buchanan Ave, Asheville, NC 28801
- Paypal online with your credit card. Pay to firstname.lastname@example.org. A service fee of 2.8% will be added.
Security Deposit: A one-time $100 security deposit must be included with your payment. This will be fully refunded to you except in the case of extraneous cleaning or damage fees that are incurred because of you or your guests.
Membership Cancellation Policy: Once you have purchased your overnights, there will be NO REFUNDS. That said, you are welcome to sell or gift your overnights to your friends, family, or other members. We ask that you not sell them publicly given our membership nature.
Confirmation of Your Membership
Once you have filled out your application below and paid your fee + deposit, your next and last steps are: 1) Submit your member agreement form — see the second form below. Once you have done that, our GM will give you editing access to the calendars. At this time, you are welcome to fill in all your desired dates. Reservations will be based on a first-come, first-served basis.
And that is it, voila!
To apply, please fill out this survey and email it to our House Manager, Alana Bowen, at email@example.com. Alana will be in touch with you within 24 hours. In the subject line, include: <Your Name> + <Overnights>.
Once your application has been accepted, please send in your payment and fill out this membership agreement below.
Janice deMooy, General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 505.918.5266 (text only)