Ashevillage Sanctuary is a dilapidated junkyard & crack house turned Goddess Sanctuary & Eco-Urban Homestead. A living learning laboratory dedicated to anchoring the wild & divine feminine on the planet & creating the world we want by putting our beliefs into practice in our own backyard. We are on 4 connected properties with residential homes, community event space, practitioner rooms for the healing arts & an integrated ecological landscape with organic edible & pollinator gardens, water retention systems, natural buildings & more. We border 60 acres of woodland trails & are a few blocks to downtown Asheville, NC.
Our ideal intern would play an active role in helping to share &/or support our core activities, membership, in-house events & related ventures with our local community & the world at large. We have a variety of needs. Based on your skills, we will find valuable & rewarding ways for you to be involved, including one or some of the following: working with our social media platforms; assisting in communications & outreach via email; creating graphics; generating short videos & populating our YouTube channel; editing &/or transcribing our podcast recordings; supporting the back end of our websites; creating a media package; troubleshooting technology; etc. Our ideal candidate has a background in marketing, the digital media landscape, a keen eye for graphics & is highly organized in general.
This internship encompasses multiple ways of being engaged & in service. Based on your already-honed skills, we will customize the internship. Please note we do not have the capacity to train someone who is relatively inexperienced, or a first-timer, but will support your growth in the areas where you are already skilled. Let’s find where our needs & your strengths overlap : )
This position starts with a minimum 4-month commitment & no less than 5 hours per week. That said, we could easily keep you busy with 20+ hours, but want to work in a realistic manner with your available hours. The days/times of your hours can be designed around your availability, as our work hours are flexible.
• You have an enthusiastic attitude
• You are a solid communicator & team mate
• You have a laptop computer & a smart phone
• You have a keen eye for detail & a job well-done
• You are highly organized & efficient with systems
• You are located in Asheville. Flexibility to work remotely
• You are motivated & can work independently & with direction
• You are in alignment with the Sanctuary’s core purpose & culture
You must be gifted & excited to work in at least one of the following:
• Correspondence: You are excellent at writing emails & enjoy helping people
• Blog: You are a thorough & thoughtful writer & enjoy creating written content
• WordPress: You are tech savvy & adept at working with SEO & Google analytics
• Social Media: You are a social media geek (Twitter & FB) & love sharing content
• Video: You are savvy working with basic video editing & loading videos to Youtube
• Podcast transcriptions: You enjoy listening to podcasts & helping to transcribe them
• Graphic design: You are adept at photoshop & enjoy working under artistic direction
• Gain honed experience in your areas of interest
• Build your resume & gain college credit if you are a student
• Design around your scheduling needs; work from home part-time
• Build a network of movers n’ shakers who are deeply engaged in the issues you care about
• Feel supported in a women-led space that is black & brown positive (BLM) & queer/trans lovin’
• Work with experienced staff at our beautiful 1.33 acre Goddess Sanctuary & Eco-Urban Homestead
• Support a culture based on sexual liberation, ancestral healing & human evolutionary consciousness
Please follow these steps carefully: Copy, paste & complete the survey below. Include it in an email, along with your letter of interest, resume & two references. Send to email@example.com. Include in the subject line “Your Name + Outreach Internship Application.”
- Your name + birth date + email + phone number + Skype name
- How did you hear about us? Please be specific.
- What are you hoping to get out of this position?
- What are you hoping to give to this position?
- What are 3 times that you’re available for an interview?
- When are the ideal start & end dates for your internship?
- What days/times are you available for your weekly hours?
- Is there anything else that you would like to add?