Ashevillage Institute & Sanctuary is a beautiful, eco-urban, comfy-chic, community-oriented, 4 connected properties with several houses, earthen cottages, gorgeous permaculture gardens & courtyards, bordering woods — all a short walk to downtown Asheville. We also host a variety of activities, community gatherings, residential internships, private retreats, workshops & more. See details below.
Our shared mission is to provide regenerative, community-based, on-the-ground programs that foster a vibrant, just, and resilient world. Our goal is to accelerate the design and implementation of local, nature-based, regenerative systems and thriving community-inspired culture. We are a women-led, small team initiative with big vision and purpose.
Our Outreach & Social Media Intern plays an active role in promoting our mission, goal and programs by maintaining our presence on various social media platforms and helping to create, research and post relevant content. You will also assist in outreach communications via email, maintain the digital images archive, and support various outreach tasks as needed. Our ideal candidate has a strong knowledge and understanding of marketing and the digital media landscape, as well as a keen eye for graphics.
Internships: This position is 4 – 12 months for roughly 8 hours per week depending on your needs and availability.
Qualifications (Intern should be gifted in some but not necessarily all categories)
• An enthusiastic attitude
• An eye for detail & a job well-done
• Organized & efficient with systems
• Strong communication & photography skills
• Must have a laptop computer and a smart phone
• Located in Asheville, NC. Flexibility to work remotely.
• Alignment with our Sanctuary’s mission, vision & goals
• Self-motivated & able to work independently with direction
Required experience, knowledge &/or strong interest in…
• Online research
• Blog writing & press releases
• Permaculture & resilient living
• Marketing & communications
• SEO keywords & Google analytics
• Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest
• Graphic design, photography &/or visual storytelling
• Online Apps: WordPress, Mailchimp, Google Drive/Docs/Email, Dropbox, Flickr, YouTube
• Build your resume
• College credit for students
• Get connected to Asheville’s permaculture & resilient living scene
• Flexible schedule – work from home part of the time (with reliable internet)
• Gain experience in communications in the field of permaculture & resilient living
• Work with experienced staff at our beautiful 1.33 acre permaculture demonstration site
• Build a network of movers n’ shakers who are deeply engaged in the issues you care about
• Communal “family” potluck dinners with other interns, staff & friends of Ashevillage
• Work with a passionate and dedicated team that is creating whole-systems approaches to complex issues in today’s world
Please follow these steps carefully: Copy, paste and complete the survey below. Include it in an email, along with a letter of interest, resume & two references. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line “Your Name + Outreach Internship Application.”
- Your name, birth date, email, and phone number.
- How did you hear about us?
- What are you hoping to get & give to this position?
- Please give three times that you’re available for a Skype call.
- When are you available to start/end? What days/times are you available?
- Is there anything else that you would like to add?