“Permaculture is not an alternative to agriculture, it’s an ecological problem solving tool for retrofitting agriculture, fusing time-tested techniques with leading-edge innovation to transcend systems that no longer serve the well-being of people and planet.” ~ Farm School 2017
Date: Begins September 30
Location: Permaculture Skills Center in Sebastopol, CA
**DISCOUNT >> Apply here & save $50!
Farm School 2017
Farm School supports you to cultivate the skills and relationships you need to begin and sustain a successful farm enterprise. Created for the urban, suburban and rural farmer, Farm School is committed to helping farmers and farm-families establish productive thriving businesses in their region’s food economy; we grow farms that feed their local communities while regenerating their local ecosystems. Farm School’s curriculum addresses some of the biggest barriers to entering a career in farming – knowledge, access to land, markets, capital and the on-going support of a mentor and learning community.
Farm School includes
- 14-week intensive training
- Integrated 6-month mentorship
- A supportive mentor
You will learn
- How to design, build and support a holistic, regenerative farm business that will increase the life-supporting capacity of the land and your revenue
- About water systems, soil science, crop planning, agroforestry, energy systems and harvesting techniques
- How to formulate a business plan that can be embedded strategically into your particular regional food economy
Top 5 reasons to join Farm School
- Learn from food and farm leaders
- Define your niche and write a business plan
- Day-to-day skills
- Start your farm
- Best business management practices
If you have any questions about the Farm School Program, we’d love to hear from you! Please email our or call our office at (707) 824-0836.