[1-12+ month leases available at our Sanctuary] Our beautiful, natural, sun-filled, hand-crafted, women-led, community-oriented Goddess Sanctuary & Eco-Urban Homestead is dedicated to anchoring the wild divine feminine on the planet. We’re a working site with extensive permaculture gardens, food as medicine practices, community events & practitioner spaces for healing & ceremonial arts. We are women-centered, queer/trans-friendly, black, brown & non-binary lovin’. Healers, artisans, herbalists, entrepreneurs, earth activists, yoginis, dakinis, reSisters, etc…y’all welcome! Resident perks include a Sanctuary membership; easy access to our community events; the naturally-treated hot tub, and an organic in-house CSA.
The world needs more of this! The Sanctuary has touched my soul, inspired my life, grown my visions & activated my next steps as a powerful woman & artist in the world. ~ Cory Blair
Sanctuary site & rooms
We are located on 1.3 acres & 4 connected properties a few blocks to downtown Asheville & backing 60 acres of woodland trails. Our site includes extensive pollinator gardens, a water retention landscape, out buildings, a recycled stone courtyard & 2 residential homes that house 4-6 residents at a time.
• 2 charming homes filled with sunlight & clay paints & niches throughout
• Open floor design with living & dining rooms, kitchens & shared office
• Beautiful garden or sunset mountain views in all of the bedrooms
• Extensive permaculture gardens with large stone courtyard
• Access to the bordering 60 acres of woodland trails
• A naturally-treated hot tub under the stars
• Wi-Fi, washer/dryer & utilities included
• Residential interns who tend the site
I am blown away seeing how this place has transformed. I was here in the early days & feel like I’ve just walked into paradise. I can’t believe how it’s shifted. Seeing the gardens made me cry! ~ Charlotte Smith
Eco living, food as medicine, nourishment, yoga, dance, meditation, community, healing justice, compassionate communication, embodied & womanly arts, queer-friendly, sensual & sex positivity, black & brown lives matter, transformative culture, evolutionary consciousness, living the good life, women entrepreneurs, making it happen, tribe, connectivity, intimacy, integrating our whole human divine selves within the web of life! We are nature.
I deeply value having a place where I can be fully be me & be held in love. ~ Liana Moonstone
Rooms & rates
Rental rates vary from $420-$1220 per month including all utilities & the perks listed above. In addition to the monthly rent, residents contribute between 1.5-4 hours of service per week based on your particular skills, ie: gardening, bodywork, coaching, leading a yoga class, etc. This helps to build community cohesion & helps to maintain the needs of the Sanctuary. To be clear, what’s included are all utilities, wifi, washer/dryer, heating/cooling, upkeep of the gorgeous landscape, basic household cleaning supplies, ie: toilet paper & dish soap, an in-house organic CSA, 24/7 access to the naturally-treated hot tub & weekly community events (optional).
• Outdoor options: We have glamping options + a rustic outdoor kitchen, $420/month
• Sun Room: A tiny clay painted room with tons of windows & ground floor access, $575/month
• Sky Room: A gorgeous, very spacious room with a beautiful long-range mountain view, $888/month
• Practitioner Room: A beautiful shared space with earthen walls, privacy & great views, 20%/sessions
Available September 1st
• Rose Room: A very cute, quaint, smallish room with a lovely view of the organic gardens, $675/month
Available September 8th
• Basement Studio: Separate ground floor entry, brick walls freshly painted white, $777/month
We love this place! We were so thankful for the opportunity to experience the Sanctuary. From the moment we came up the drive, we knew we had entered a magical place. ~ Jessie Kaufman
Here are more details to see if Sanctuary living is in mutual alignment.
• Participate: There is zero obligation, but you are welcome to join our Monday evening community events….for free!
• Overnight guests: 2 overnight guest passes per month are included. If you have more overnight guests per month, we request a contribution of $15-$35/person/night. This applies to overnighters. Day guests are welcome any time free of charge. If your overnight guest wants to stay in one of our guest rooms, have them text 828.two seven nine.1955.
• Hot tub: 2 hot tub ‘friend’ passes per month are included. If you have more than 2 hot tub visitors per month, a $5-$15 sliding scale contribution is requested per person per visit. This is based on the honor system.
• Views: Rooms have long range mountain sunset or garden views *except the sun room & garage studio.
• Food: We prefer sharing kitchen space with others who prioritize eating local & organic.
• Shared meal: We have a ‘family’ dinner roughly 2x a month to all come together.
• Chores: House chores are expected to be shared.
• Parking: Street parking is free.
We are looking for those who are deeply aligned to come live with us! ~ the Sanctuary Team
Apply to live at the Sanctuary
Send an email with your LOI, resume & responses to these questions. Note: Sorry, we are not a child-proof space & are unable to accommodate children long term. Well behaved pets who don’t shed like mad or poop in our gardens are welcome for a $50 nonrefundable pet fee per month.
1) Name & contact info
2) Which dates & room
3) A paragraph about you
4) Why are you a good fit
5) Your current job situation
6) What skills would you offer
7) Your preferred eating habits
8) Anything else you’d like to share
9) How did you find us — please be specific
Part of the magic of the Sanctuary is all the extraordinary people who work, volunteer & pass through this community hub. What an inspiring place! ~ Daniela Ferberg
If you are in alignment with our wild n’ wonderful ways, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Imagine if all people cared for their land, every neighborhood connected their properties, created wildlife habitat with rainwater ponds, grew pollinator gardens, shared food… ~ Janell Kapoor