Welcome home: Residency at our Eco-Urban Homestead & Goddess Sanctuary
[Monthly leases available at our Sanctuary] Our beautiful, natural, sun-filled, hand-crafted, women-led, community-oriented Goddess Sanctuary & Eco-Urban Homestead is dedicated to anchoring the wild divine feminine on the planet. We’re a working site with extensive permaculture gardens, food as medicine practices, community events & practitioner spaces for healing & ceremonial arts. We are women-centered, queer/trans-friendly, black, brown & non-binary lovin’. Healers, artisans, herbalists, entrepreneurs, earth activists, yoginis, dakinis, reSisters, etc…y’all are welcome! Resident perks include: monthly community events + our naturally-treated hot tub + in-house organic CSA + Monday lunch provided.
The world needs more of this! The Sanctuary has touched my soul, inspired my life, grown my visions & activated my next steps as a powerful woman & artist in the world. ~ Cory Blair
More about Ashevillage Sanctuary
We are located on 1.3 acres & 4 connected properties a few blocks to downtown Asheville & backing 60 acres of woodland trails. Our site includes extensive edible, medicinal & pollinator gardens, water retention systems, out buildings, a recycled stone courtyard & 3 residential homes that house roughly 6’ish residents per home, as well as worktraders who live on the land.
• 3 charming homes filled with sunlight, clay paint & niches throughout
• Open floor design with living & dining room, kitchen & shared office
• Views of the beautiful gardens or the mountains from each room
• Extensive permaculture gardens with large stone courtyard
• Access to the bordering 60 acres of woodland trails
• A naturally-treated hot tub under the stars
• Wi-Fi, washer/dryer & utilities included
I am blown away seeing how this place has transformed. I was here in the early days & feel like I’ve just walked into paradise. I can’t believe how it’s shifted. Seeing the gardens made me cry! ~ Charlotte Smith
Eco living, food as medicine, nourishment, yoga, dance, meditation, community, healing justice, compassionate communication, embodied & womanly arts, queer-friendly, sensual & sex positivity, black & brown lives matter, transformative culture, evolutionary consciousness, living the good life, women entrepreneurs, making it happen, tribe, connectivity, intimacy, integrating our whole human divine selves within the web of life! We are nature.
I deeply value having a place where I can be fully me while being held in love. ~ Liana Moonstone
Rooms & rates
Rates vary from $420-$850 per month & include all utilities, wifi, washer/dryer, heating/cooling, upkeep of the landscape, seasonal organic CSA, 24/7 access to the naturally-treated hot tub, monthly gatherings & basic household cleaning supplies, ie: toilet paper & dish soap. In addition to rent, $8 weekly is requested to cover a woman who comes & does deep cleaning 2x/month. Residents also contribute 1.5-3 hours of service per week based on your particular skills, ie: gardening, bodywork, coaching, etc. This helps build community cohesion & support the Sanctuary.
• Sun Room: A small room with tons of windows & a single bed, available nightly. Ask our rates
Available January 15th
• Nook: Available Wed-Sun (halftime). Tiny hut, separate from the house…with full use of the house, $350
• Honeybee: Small, private cob cottage; separate from the house…with full use of the house, $650
• Sage Room: Medium-sized & sun-filled, Sage Room has a wonderful view of the gardens, $750
Available February 1st
• Rose Room: A cozy cute mid-size room with a beautiful view of the garden, $700
We love this place! We were so thankful for the opportunity to experience the Sanctuary. From the moment we came up the drive, we knew we had entered a magical place. ~ Jess Kaufman
Here are more details to see if Sanctuary living is in mutual alignment.
• Sanctuary service: We like living with folks who want to partake in & contribute their energy to the sanctuary vs. just being random renters. To help create cohesion between residents & the sanctuary, we all give some form of ‘service’ on a weekly basis, whether it be gardening, massage, web design….or whatever feels good for you to give. This is based on 3 (or less) hours per week, depending on your skills. We’ll determine details together once you arrive : )
• Guests: Daytime visitors are welcome any time at no charge! In addition, 2 free overnight guest passes are included per month. If you have more than 2 overnight guests per month, we request a contribution of $20 per night. If your guest wants their own guest room, please have them text our management.
• Hot tub: You are welcome to use the hot tub any time, free of charge. Beyond this, 2 hot tub ‘friend’ passes per month are included. If you have more than 2 hot tub visitors per month, a $10 contribution is requested per person per visit.
• Mondays: We meet from 11am-1pm with our management, worktraders & any residents who can make it (not mandatory). We check-in personally, share updates re: people, projects, events, and then enjoy a hearty organic lunch.
• Food: We prefer sharing the kitchen with folks who prioritize local & organic, ie: shopping from the coop is a plus!
• Views: Rooms have long range mountain sunset or garden views *except the sun room & garage studio.
• Shared meals: We share a ‘family’ dinner roughly once a month to connect & enjoy together.
• Chores: You are expected to share in house chores & help keep the space clean n’ tidy!
• Parking: Street parking is free.
We are looking for those who are deeply aligned to come live with us! ~ the Sanctuary Team
Apply to live at the Sanctuary
If you’re in alignment with our wild n’ wonderful ways, please fill out & submit the form below. Children: We are not a child-proof space & are unable to accommodate children long term. Pets: We are currently not accepting pets, as we are at our pet capacity.
Imagine if all people cared for their land, every neighborhood connected their properties, created wildlife habitat with rainwater ponds, grew pollinator gardens, shared food… ~ Janell Kapoor