Welcome home: Residency at our Eco-Urban Homestead & Goddess Sanctuary
[Monthly leases available at our Sanctuary] Our beautiful, natural, sun-filled, hand-crafted, women-led, community-oriented Goddess Sanctuary & Eco-Urban Homestead is dedicated to anchoring the wild divine feminine on the planet. We’re a working site with extensive permaculture gardens, food as medicine practices, community events & practitioner spaces for healing & ceremonial arts. We are women-centered, queer/trans-friendly, black, brown & non-binary lovin’. Healers, artisans, herbalists, entrepreneurs, earth activists, yoginis, dakinis, reSisters, etc…y’all are welcome! Resident perks include: monthly community events + the naturally-treated hot tub + in-house organic CSA.
The world needs more of this! The Sanctuary has touched my soul, inspired my life, grown my visions & activated my next steps as a powerful woman & artist in the world. ~ Cory Blair
More about Ashevillage Sanctuary
We are located on 1.3 acres & 4 connected properties a few blocks to downtown Asheville & backing 60 acres of woodland trails. Our site includes extensive edible, medicinal & pollinator gardens, water retention systems, out buildings, a recycled stone courtyard & 3 residential homes that house roughly 6’ish residents per home, as well as worktraders who live on the land.
• 3 charming homes filled with sunlight & clay paints & niches throughout
• Open floor design with living & dining room, kitchen & shared office
• Views of the beautiful garden or the mountains from each room
• Extensive permaculture gardens with large stone courtyard
• Access to the bordering 60 acres of woodland trails
• A naturally-treated hot tub under the stars
• Wi-Fi, washer/dryer & utilities included
I am blown away seeing how this place has transformed. I was here in the early days & feel like I’ve just walked into paradise. I can’t believe how it’s shifted. Seeing the gardens made me cry! ~ Charlotte Smith
Eco living, food as medicine, nourishment, yoga, dance, meditation, community, healing justice, compassionate communication, embodied & womanly arts, queer-friendly, sensual & sex positivity, black & brown lives matter, transformative culture, evolutionary consciousness, living the good life, women entrepreneurs, making it happen, tribe, connectivity, intimacy, integrating our whole human divine selves within the web of life! We are nature.
I deeply value having a place where I can be fully me while being held in love. ~ Liana Moonstone
Rooms & rates
Rental rates vary from $420-$850 per month & include all utilities, wifi, washer/dryer, heating/cooling, upkeep of the landscape, an in-house seasonal organic CSA, 24/7 access to the naturally-treated hot tub, monthly gatherings & basic household cleaning supplies, ie: toilet paper & dish soap. In addition to rent, residents contribute between 1.5-4 hours of service per week based on your particular skills, ie: gardening, bodywork, coaching, etc. This helps build community cohesion & support the needs of the Sanctuary.
• Sun Room: A very small room with tons of windows; available by the night. Ask about our rates
• Sweet Room: This lovely cozy room has a quiet, gentle feeling; facing the back woods, $700/month**
• Sky Room: A gorgeous, very spacious room with a beautiful long-range mountain view, $850/month
Available November 1st
• Stone Room: Mid-size room with mountain view; ideal if you work outside the home, $700/month
Available November 15th
• Basement Studio: Ground floor entry with freshly painted white brick walls, $600/month**
• Cityview Room: A large room with a spacious view of downtown; lots of light, $800/month**
Available December 1st
• Garage Studio: Its own ground floor entry, freshly painted white brick walls, good light, $775/month
Available January 1st
• Sand Room: A gorgeous, very spacious room with a beautiful long-range mountain view, $850/month
**Option to rent an in-house, ground floor office with many windows & natural sunlight, $450/month
We love this place! We were so thankful for the opportunity to experience the Sanctuary. From the moment we came up the drive, we knew we had entered a magical place. ~ Jess Kaufman
Here are more details to see if Sanctuary living is in mutual alignment.
• Sanctuary service: We like living with folks who want to partake in & contribute their gifts to the sanctuary vs. just being random renters. To help create cohesion between residents & the sanctuary, we all give some form of ‘service’ on a weekly basis, whether it be gardening, massage, web design….or whatever feels good for you to give. This is based on 4 (or less) hours/week, depending on your skills. We’ll determine details together once you’re here : )
• Overnight guests: 2 overnight guest passes per month are included. If you have overnight guests beyond this, we request a contribution of $15-$25/person/night. This applies to over-nighters only. Day guests are welcome free-of-charge. If your overnight guest wants to stay in a guest room, please have them text 828.two seven nine.1955.
• Hot tub: 2 hot tub ‘friend’ passes per month are included. If you have more than 2 hot tub visitors per month, a $10 contribution is requested per person per visit.
• Food: We prefer sharing the kitchen with folks who prioritize local & organic, ie: shopping from the coop is a plus!
• Views: Rooms have long range mountain sunset or garden views *except the sun room & garage studio.
• Participate: You are welcome to join our Mo(o)nday Sanctuary Series evening events….for free!
• Shared meals: We share a ‘family’ dinner roughly once a month to connect & enjoy together.
• Chores: You are expected to share in house chores & help keep the space sparkly clean!
• Parking: Street parking is free.
We are looking for those who are deeply aligned to come live with us! ~ the Sanctuary Team
Apply to live at the Sanctuary
If you’re in alignment with our wild n’ wonderful ways, please fill out the form below. Note: We are not a child-proof space & are unable to accommodate children long term. Well behaved pets who don’t bark, shed, or poop in our gardens are welcome for a $50 nonrefundable pet fee per month. Cats are welcome if they stay in your space only. We have room for up to 2 pets per house total.
Imagine if all people cared for their land, every neighborhood connected their properties, created wildlife habitat with rainwater ponds, grew pollinator gardens, shared food… ~ Janell Kapoor