Ashevillage Sanctuary: Downtown’s EcoSweet Retreat > Stay at the guest house at our permaculture demonstration site. Whole house and individual rooms are available. Monthly winter rental details are here.
• SLEEPS UP TO 12 PEOPLE
• A FEW BLOCKS TO DOWNTOWN
• BORDERS 60 ACRES OF WOODS
• GORGEOUS SUNLIT ECO HOUSE WITH CLAY WALLS
• 1 ACRE URBAN PARADISE WITH BEAUTIFUL GARDENS
We are so thankful for the opportunity to experience Ashevillage on our recent visit to NC. From the moment we stepped on the property, we knew we had entered a special place.
WELCOME to our beautiful, natural guest house. We’re a few blocks from downtown Asheville, NC. There are two houses on site — one is the main guest house, the other is residential with extra rooms for larger parties. We’re surrounded by extensive gardens, aquaponic ponds, a waterfall, recycled stone courtyard and ampitheatre. You can walk out the front door and into town in just eight minutes, or out back into 60 acres of woods and trails.
BEAUTIFUL AND NATURALLY RENOVATED
Our 1,850 sq ft guest home features: Four charming bedrooms (with three additional rooms next door). The homes are uniquely designed with custom-made clay paints, curved corners, built-in niches and arches throughout. There’s a large kitchen, living and dining rooms, shared office area with desks, hardwood floors, 1.5 baths, a wood-burning stove, wifi, washer and dryer, and plenty of natural sunlight. We kept the original paned windows and trim. The home has a peaceful feeling in every room. Our guests say they love it here!
The rooms are uniquely beautiful with a welcoming spaciousness and timeless design. They show thoughtfulness and care from the human hand.
Each room has 2-3 beds (a combination of queens and singles) and is fully furnished. Beds are dressed with sheets, blankets, comforters, pillows and pillow cases. We supply towels and everything else you would need to have a happy stay here. Our guests sleep very well.
LOCATION IS EVERYTHING
Walk a few blocks and get to know the exciting downtown of Asheville. The vibrant street culture of our mountain town is filled with organic restaurants that boast local food, cafes, a tea house, yoga studios (there are many), an indie movie theatre, art galleries and more. We are three minutes to the Biltmore Estate and a few more to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Hiking, tubing, biking and more are all close by!
Part of the magic of Ashevillage is all the extraordinary people who work, volunteer, and pass through this community hub. What an inspiring place!
WALKING THE TALK!
The Ashevillage team has developed the one-acre site into a demonstration of integrated ecological systems. We believe firmly in creating the world we want to live in now and putting our beliefs into practice in our own backyard. We grow food and medicine, capture and use rainwater, and show others how to do the same. Depending on when you are here, there may be some program or project activity on site — this is a living-learning laboratory.
Highlights from the site include:
• Rainwater catchment ponds and integrated ecological organic landscape
• Two naturally renovated houses with clay paint and plaster throughout
• Beautiful and organic edible, medicinal and flowered landscape
• Natural beekeeping, compost and mushroom production
• Woodland area with natural building and access to trails
• Outdoor cooking area with wood-fired oven
• Recycled urbanite courtyard
For details on monthly winter rentals in January, February, and March 2015 click here.
• A three-night minimum is required.
• The whole house is $421/night up to six guests.
• More than six guests: $35 extra/night/person.
• Plus $120 one-time cleaning fee + 10.75% tax.
Individual daily rentals
• $90 single/$110 double (smaller rooms)
• $100 single/$12o double/$140 triple (larger rooms)
• Discounts start at 10 days. Inquire within.
• For nonprofits, we waive the 10.75 tax.
1. Contact Quinn Asteak at firstname.lastname@example.org, (347) 613-1000, with your preferred dates, number of guests, and room size.
2. After receiving a confirmation from Quinn, in order to complete your reservation full payment is required via check to Ashevillage Sanctuary. Please send to ATTN: Quinn Asteak, 80 Buchanan Ave. Asheville, NC 28801.
There is a $100 processing fee for cancellations. 65% of your total payment is refundable if cancelled 30 days before check-in. There will be NO refunds for cancellations within 30 days of check-in.
Ashevillage Sanctuary LLC is a partner of the Ashevillage Institute.