“It is more important than ever to learn skills for self-sufficiency and living off the grid. This one weekend a month class can help you gain confidence and competence with these skills.” ~ Essentials of Homesteading & Permaculture
- March 18 – 19, 2017: Planning for Abundance
- April 15 – 16, 2017: Whole Systems Thinking & Making a Bow Drill Fire
- May 5 – 7, 2017: Wild Foods Hike
- June 3 – 4, 2017: Soil Science
- July 1 – 2, 2017: The Firefly Gathering
- August 25 – 27, 2017: Carpentry Classes
- September 23 – 24, 2017: Animals, Farming, and Fruit
- September 30 – October 1, 2017: Preserving the Abundance
- October 14 – 15, 2017: Living Off the Grid Overview
- November 4 – 5, 2017: Cycles of Life
Location: Wild Abundance, Barnardsville, NC & Ruby Roost, Madison County, NC.
**DISCOUNT >> Save 10%! Use the link below and the code “ASHEVILLAGE”
About Essentials of Homesteading & Permaculture
The Essentials Program is a permaculture design certificate program, but goes way beyond any other PDC, including a wild foods backpacking trip, a natural building class, primitive skills, and much more. Because of its format of one weekend class per month, students have the opportunity to delve deeply into the content, integrating what they are learning into their lives. Our instructors are top-notch and teach their specialties and passions, infusing the classes with a wealth of experience, inspiration and engaging teaching styles.
Hours are generally Saturdays: 9:30am – 1pm; 2-5pm, and 6-8:30pm, and Sundays: 9:30am – 1pm, 2pm – 5pm