WORK TRADE OPPORTUNITIES
Ashevillage provides work trade positions based on 10 hours per week for 10 weeks. Scheduling is flexible, and hours can be completed in a more concentrated time frame if needed. As a work trader, you receive a 75% discount to the week-long program of your choosing. In order to secure your work trade position, $250 needs to be paid toward the program you wish to attend. Please let us know what program and work trade position you are interested in — see all positions and details below. Partial work trade positions can also be arranged as can work trades for accommodation. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Work traders help with all aspects of the workshop production, including gathering materials, assisting instructors, setting up and cleaning up the workshop space, answering participants questions, running errands, and other tasks as needed.
Office & Outreach
Support our Office & Outreach Manager by helping complete related tasks, errands, flyering, and weekly benchmarks. Excellent organizational skills are a must. 10 hours per week for 10 weeks.
Site, Garden & Food Processing
Support our Site Manager with physical site tasks, harvesting and processing food, etc. Some previous gardening or food processing skills are helpful. 10 hours per week for 10 weeks.
Site Maintenance Projects
Help complete tasks on site, such as painting, general fix-it projects, and some light carpentry. Experience and tools are helpful. 10 hours per week for 10 weeks.
Support our director by helping complete personal tasks and errands, as well as weekly benchmarks and projects. Excellent organizational and communication skills are a must. 10 hours per week for 10 weeks.
Help create wonderful experiences for guests and visitors by creating a hospitable environment, building relationships with local businesses, and providing operational support. 10 hours per week for 10 weeks.
Assist with program planning, outreach, registration, and production. See programs here. 10 hours per week for 10 weeks.
Assist with house cleaning, including laundry, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, window washing, errands, organizing, and more. 10 hours per week for 10 weeks.
Must have your own laptop with video editing software, preferably a Mac with Final Cut Pro. 10 hours per week for 10 weeks. Starts now. Note: Our affiliate program, Permaculture School, also has videography and editing positions open. Details here.
Hands-On Site & Garden Maintenance Assistant — with more hours + more benefits
Assist with site maintenance, landscaping, watering, and some gardening tasks, food processing, and other related jobs at our beautiful one-acre permaculture demonstration site next to downtown Asheville. Some experience and physical capability are necessary. Ability to do several hours on weekends is a big plus. For a commitment of 35 hours per week for 12 weeks, or more, you will receive:
• An indoor place to sleep
• Kitchen & common space
• Wifi, laundry & all utilities
• Garden vegetables & herbs
• A free educational workshop
• Connections to paid part-time work
Please select from the list below, and follow the steps in the ‘APPLY’ section.
• Receive a 75% discount to a workshop.
• Work with a passionate and dedicated team that is creating whole-systems approaches to complex issues.
• Build a network of movers n’ shakers who are deeply engaged in the issues you care about.
• Be supported and mentored by experienced staff.
• You have excellent communication skills.
• You align with our mission, vision and goals.
• You are organized and efficient with systems.
• You have a refined eye for detail and a job well-done.
• You are self-motivated and able to work with others comfortably.
• You are good at finding creative solutions and have an enthusiastic attitude.
• You must have experience and skills in the position for which you are applying.
• For computer-based tasks, you are able to work on your own computer.
Two step application:
- Fill out and submit the survey below.
- Email a letter of interest, resume, and two professional references to email@example.com Include in the subject line, “Your Name: Worktrade Application.”