Ashevillage Sanctuary provides limited live-in residential internship & worktrade opportunities. Residential Internships are for people who want to live, learn & grow with us for an entire 6-month season. Worktrades are for people who intend to be with us shorter term, ie: 1-8 weeks. We are currently seeking 1-2 people to begin work-trading ASAP. We also have 1 spot still available for our next 6-month residential internship, which begins July 9th. Note: If you already live in Asheville, but would like to get involved, visit these pages to volunteer or do a local internship with us. We look forward to hearing from you!
You will provide:
• 4 hours of work per day + shared chores. See exceptions below***
• Your own camping gear, bedding, plate, bowl, utensils & food
• Your own work gloves, garden clippers, water bottle & sun hat
• A positive attitude, timeliness, good communication & work ethic
• Participation in classes & bi-monthly group dinners is optional
We will provide:
• A beautiful environment, a great team to work with & close guidance on daily chores & projects
• 3 optional classes per week in topics such as: gardening, food as medicine, herbalism & well being
• A place to set up your tent on site, a rustic kitchen to use & a cooler with ice packs for food storage
• In-season organic greens, herbs & abundance from the gardens — as available
• Access to our naturally-treated hot tub, wifi, washer, dryer & free parking
To apply for a worktrade position, please select your top 3 options from the list below & follow the steps in the ‘Apply’ section below. Note: We will aim to have you mainly work in your areas of interest. However you may be asked to help in other areas, as needed.
- Food processing: Harvest & process food & herbs. Previous experience is helpful.
- Maintenance: Help with site tasks, such as painting & light carpentry. Experience helps.
- Gardening: Work in the gardens. Previous gardening or farming experience is necessary.
- Cleaning: Assist with house cleaning, laundry, organizing & more. Eye for detail is helpful.
- Personal assistance: Assist our managers with errands & tasks. Organizational skills are a must.
***Other: If you do bodywork, photography, videography, carpentry — we can discuss making an arrangement.
Please only apply if you are accustom to keeping a clean & tidy space. We really don’t have room for messy folks! We are looking for worktraders who are positive, good communicators, hard workers, already have some skills in the topics above, aren’t bringing a bunch of baggage (both metaphorically & literally), have read & are aligned with our mission & purpose….and will meld well with our beautiful Sanctuary! You must be available for an average of 4 hours per day, which you are welcome to concentrate into longer days, so that you have some days off.
Two step application:
- Fill out & submit the survey below.
- Email a LOI (letter of interest), resume & 2 professional references to email@example.com. Include in the subject line, “Your Name: Worktrade Application.”