Worktrade at Ashevillage Sanctuary
Ashevillage Sanctuary is a dilapidated junkyard & crack house turned Goddess Sanctuary & Eco-Urban Homestead. We are dedicated to anchoring the wild & divine feminine on the planet & creating the world we want by putting our beliefs into practice in our own backyard. We are on 1.3 acres with 4 connected properties that include residential homes, community event space, a practitioner room for the healing arts & an integrated ecological landscape with organic edible & pollinator gardens, water retention systems, natural buildings & more. We border 60 acres of woodland trails & are a few blocks to downtown Asheville, NC. This is a great place to worktrade while living in Asheville!
If you are interested in worktrading with us in exchange for camping, the following options are available. The exchange will be based on up to 3 hours of work per day.** We require a minimum of a 3-month commitment.
- Maintenance: Help with site tasks, such as painting & light carpentry. Experience helps.
- Garden Assistant: Water the gardens. Help with tasks, such as wood chipping & weeding.
- Personal Assistance: Assist managers with errands & tasks. Organizational savvy a must.
- Cleaning: Assist with house organizing, cleaning, laundry & more. Eye for detail is helpful.
- Bodyworker: **Provide 1 bodywork session per day. We have a practitioner room available.
Other: If you already live in Asheville & would like to get involved, we have part-time internship &/or volunteer opportunities. Check out the links & be in touch if you are interested!
“I love what you’re doing here. It is the future, if we are to have a future, this is what the it must look like. And you do it with such love & devotion & grace & humor. You’re just great! Thank you.” ~ Bonnie
• An inspiring women-led eco-urban homestead & goddess sanctuary to work with
• A beautiful outdoor environment to live in with surrounding gardens & woods
• A place to set up your tent, a rustic kitchen & a place for you to store your food
• Seasonal organic herbs, greens & other goodies from our gardens- as available
• Access to our naturally-treated hot tub, wifi, washer, dryer, shower, parking
• Opportunities to be involved in community events at Ashevillage Sanctuary
• An already-established practice in cleanliness; messiness is a deal breaker
• A positive attitude, timeliness, self-initiative & good communication
• Mindfulness in sharing space with others; sharing of basic chores
• Your own camping gear, bedding, plate, bowl, cup & utensils
• Depending on your role, you may need to bring some tools
To apply, please read these points & if it’s still a good fit, follow the steps in the ‘Apply’ section below.
• Purpose: You have read & are aligned with our purpose.
• Home: You believe you will meld well with our beautiful home-sweet-home Sanctuary.
• Cleanliness: Please only apply if you are accustom to keeping a clean & tidy space. We really don’t have room for messy folks!
• Ease: We are looking for worktraders who are positive, good communicators, hard workers & bring the skills we need vs. a bunch of baggage (metaphorically or literally).
• Schedule: Your worktrade hours can be scheduled around your own needs & commitments you may have. Please track your own hours & keep us updated if you plan to be gone for a stretch of time.
• Availability: Your schedule must allow for you to fulfill your worktrade hours for the months that you are with us. It is very helpful for us (& we hope for you) not to waste time making an arrangement if you are not certain that you can follow through. If you will be looking for (or would even considering accepting) a full-time job, we respectfully ask that you not apply, as we have found that this prevents people from fulfilling their worktrade in an easy way.
• Cash deposit: To secure your position & camping spot, we require a $300 cash deposit. The $300 will be returned to you in full upon completion of your worktrade commitment. If, for any reason, you do not complete your hours, the $300 will not be returned. It will instead go toward our time in replacing & training someone to take your place. Because our management time & camping spots are limited & because we are a small-scale, intimate operation, we take care to create a mutually reciprocal & cohesive scene. We ask potential worktraders to carefully consider if you are in a position to commit to living & working with us for a minimum of 3 months. We thank you in advance!
“I wanted to thank you for opening your home & sanctuary to me. It was a pleasure to meet you & everyone else who is part of the community. You are an amazing & inspiring group! I am grateful for the time I was able to spend in your company. Best wishes!” ~ Jaedy Brie
Two step application:
- Fill out & submit the survey below.
- Email a LOI (letter of interest), resume & 2 professional references to email@example.com. Include in the subject line, “Your Name: Worktrade Application.”